February 22, 2006

What the hell is Bush thinking? First let's get into these two comments .... number 1: "I want those who are questioning it to step up and explain why all of a sudden a Middle Eastern company is held to a different standard than a Great British company," which formerly held the contract. .... Well gee, let's see, I don't remember any person from the United Kingdom coming over here and committing acts of terrorism, do you? THE TERRORISTS WERE MIDDLE EASTERN!!! And to top it off, Dubai is known to have laundered millions of dollars for terrorist groups. .... number 2: "I am trying to conduct foreign policy now by saying to the people of the world, 'We'll treat you fairly.' " .... Why should we treat them fairly? UAE's track record for treating us fairly is pretty damn poor. They probably donated the money for Hurricane Katrina relief because they knew this deal was coming up and they wanted to look good. ... Another question, What percentage, if any, of the $6.8 billion is the US going to recieve? The way I read the story is that the British company (P&O) is selling to Dubai, aren't they getting the money and Dubai is only taking over their contract? .... Maybe all Bush is thinking about is the money ..... I've already emailed every congressman and senator I could get an address for. I live in a town next to Newark. The port is only about 15 minutes from my house. I've got friends that work there, and they said they'd rather see the port close than sell to Dubai .... I'm with them ...... Also, you know Dubai will also be getting ports in New York, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia. .... I'm sure there are a lot more people out there with the same feelings I've got ..... Feel free to comment .....